Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists Specialist Sports Physiotherapist (As awarded by the Australian College of Physiotherapists, 2013) MHSc (Sports Physiotherapy), BPhty FFA Socceroos Physiotherapist Member APA
Kurt has worked as a Physiotherapist for twenty one years, graduating from the University of Queensland Physiotherapy Course in 1994. He became a Specialist Sports Physiotherapist in 2013, after completing examinations and the training programme for The Australian College of Physiotherapists. He has been one of the Football Federation of Australia ‘Socceroos’ Physiotherapists since 2007 to the present, travelling to the past two World Cup Finals in South Africa in 2010, and Brazil in 2014. The team also won the 2015 Asian Cup Finals in Australia in January. Kurt worked in the United Kingdom as a Physiotherapist for seven years in hospitals and private practices from 1996 to 2002.
Whilst in England he developed his interest in Sports Physiotherapy working as a Physiotherapist with National League and European League Hockey Teams and league Football (Soccer) Clubs. Returning to Australia he began work as a Physiotherapist at the Narrabeen Sports Medicine Centre in Sydney. Kurt worked closely with highly regarded Sports Physiotherapists (including Greg), Sports Physicians, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Podiatrists, Radiologists, Dieticians, and Sports Psychologists.
In 2005 Kurt completed the Level 3 Sports Physiotherapy course at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra. In 2006 he attained his Masters of Sports Physiotherapy, which led to him being awarded the qualification of Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Sports Physiotherapist. Kurt has worked particularly closely with elite level and semi- professional Grade Rugby Union in Sydney, elite Footballers, Hockey and Tennis players, Rowers, Kayakers, Gymnasts, Netballers and Track Athletes.
Sporting Team Involvement:
- Football Federation of Australia, Socceroos, Physiotherapist- 2007 to Present
- Sunshine Coast netball Association Physiotherapist 2013 to present.
- Kawana Soccer Club Physiotherapist 2011 to 2012.
- Sunshine Coast Stingrays Rugby Union Physiotherapist 2008-9
- Warringah “Rats” Rugby Union Physiotherapist- 2004 to 2007
- Northern Beaches and Manly Warringah Gymnastics Physiotherapist 2004 to 2008
- National Club Gymnastic Titles Physiotherapist 2005 & 2006
- Southgate Hockey Club (England) Physiotherapist 1998 to 2000
- Queensland u/21 Mens Hockey Team Physiotherapist 1995 to 1996.
Call our office for an appointment with Kurt on (07) 5438 8300.